BOOK ONLINE NOW
Frequently Asked Questions
If you have any further questions which are not outlined below – feel free to ask us!
Working abroad can be an exciting but sometimes daunting experience for candidates. Campotel is a family business & we look after our employees as if they are part of the family.
We hope we have compiled the majority of the most frequently asked questions in our FAQ section which you will see detailed on the left hand menu. Applicants must be at least 18 years of age come the 1st January 2020. Should you have any further niggly questions,please do not hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Those who are sucessful in their initial application will be invited to attend interviews, which will take place in Gullane’s Hotel, Main Street, Ballinasloe, Co. Galway in February 2020, date to be confirmed. Please click here for directions.
If successful, you must attend our Training & Initiation weekend which will take place in Ballinasloe on a Friday & Saturday in either March or April. Date to be confirmed. Further on-site training will be facilitated in France and Spain.
What Is A Courier?
As Campsite Courier its not you’re normal 9-5 Monday to Friday job. Although it can be a challenging and demanding job at times, it is one which is very rewarding and one that many of our staff return to year in, year out!
As a KelAir Campotel Campsite Courier, your main duties will be meticulous cleaning and preparing the mobile home accommodation on a daily basis to KelAir Campotel’s market leading high standards for arriving customers on a daily basis, cheerfully greeting the families, helping them to settle in, giving advice and information and explaining the full range of Campotel Services and the Campsite Facilities.
As a Campotel Representative on site, your primary concern is cleaning the accommodation and exceptional customer care, ensuring our clients have an enjoyable, trouble free holiday, dealing cheerfully and effectively with any problems or emergencies and keeping in regular contact with them during the holiday. You are also required to maintain and operate the Campotel Reception Area, which must be a well-presented, attractive focal point and to always wear your uniform when on duty.
Knowledge of French and Spanish, though not essential for every position, is a distinct advantage (especially in helping you to respond to any emergencies and in dealing with the Campsite management).
Whats in it for me?
Other than the obvious factors that go with living in either France or Spain for a few months, the fabulous areas, towns, culture, food, beaches, lifestyle. We offer a number of competitive benefits to our staff including the following:
- FREE travel to and from France, including a generous luggage allowance!
- FREE accommodation for the duration of your contract, this will be a mobile home fully equipped with full inventory, linen, gas, electricity, BBQ & water. Accommodation is usually shared with one other person, of course you will have your own private bedroom.
- FREE attractive uniform, which compromises of various polo shirts, half zips, fleece, rain jacket,shorts, t shirts, singlet vests and name badge!
- Attractive pay. The pay rate for new Campsite Couriers & Buzzy Bee Couriers in 2018 were as follows, €358.75 per week gross (minus tax and PRSI deductions) which is based on a 35 hour contract. (€10.25 per hour)
- SKILLS & EXPERIENCE – Without a doubt this is something that the majority of our couriers feedback to us every year from the past 38 seasons, this job brings so many opportunities and challenges with it. It is a real amazing opportunity to develop so many skills including language, customer service, time management, confidence, communication, organisation, presentation and cleaning, crisis management, light maintenance and of course the experience of living away from home in a foreign country. All these skills are transferable to all industries and careers.
- TRAINING – Before you even go to France, you attend a training & orientation weekend in Ballinasloe, which covers all aspects of the job and will give you a real peace of mind and should settle any nerves which you may have. This is also a great opportunity because it allows you to meet some of your new colleges that you will be working with for the summer! Further ‘on the job’ training will take place in France.
- SUPPORT & FEEDBACK – Throughout the season, you will be given support from your Area Manager in France and Head Office in Ireland. Our Management team have all been Couriers before, so they fully understand what the job involves. There is mutual respect and positive expectations from both parties.
- Please note a €300 accommodation deposit is required per person, which is FULLY refundable upon completion of your contract & that the accommodation is left to the agreed standard. Paid return travel is also based on completion of your full contract.
How will I travel to France / Spain?
KelAir Campotel will arrange travel from the homeport (airport or ferry port) to France/Spain. Normally, couriers travel in small groups, although sometimes it may be necessary to travel alone. Outward travel is paid for by KelAir Campotel and return travel home at the end of the season is paid for upon successful completion of your contract.
Can I choose where I work?
We know the campsites inside out, so we will allocate you to a site that we think will be best suited to you and where customers will benefit most from your skills.
When will I know which site I will be working on?
It is almost given that you will be working in France, but the site and even the area may be changed before Montage is completed. However, the majority of positions available are in Brittany, the Vendee & the South West of France. There are a very small number of positions in Spain, returning mature couples usually go there year in and year out, however on occasion a position may arise for a new couple in Spain.
How well do I need to speak French or Spanish?
A reasonable knowledge of spoken French or Spanish is an advantage and we will test your language during the interview. However, we do have a number of vacancies for couriers who do not speak the language, as there are other qualities and attributes you may have to offer.
How long will the job last?
Normally, the work is from April until mid-September, depending on both the site closure date and the weather as to how much time is needed for a successful Demontage. There are some positions available for people who cannot travel until mid/late May; however it is imperative that all employees stay until mid-September.
How much will I be paid and how often?
Our pay week is Saturday – Friday inclusive. Your salary is paid electronically into your account weekly in Ireland and is available at ATMs each Friday. The first weekly payment will be on your second Friday in France or Spain and 1 week in arrears. Payslips will emailed directly to your private email each week directly from Ireland. Your wage is based on a 35 hour working week with a 2 days off per week. New Campsite Courier & Buzzy Bee Couriers for 2019 received €10.25 per hour(€358.75) gross (minus tax and PRSI deductions). Couples wages which are based on a 25 hours Campsite Couples received €10.25 per hour(€256.25) per person per week gross (minus tax and PRSI deductions). Please note that some couple sites are 25 hours and some 35 hours.
How will I travel home at the end of the season?
Providing that you stay until the end of your contract, and all work is completed to Campotel’s satisfaction, we will arrange travel from the campsite to the homeport. Any courier not wishing to travel home under the conditions arranged by Campotel will have to arrange their own homeward travel.
What sort of accommodation is provided for Couriers on site?
Couriers are provided with a fully equipped mobile home including full inventory, linen, electricity, water and gas – not of the same age as the customer’s accommodation, but nevertheless perfectly adequate and comfortable. Accommodation is shared by your fellow colleagues (male & female). However, each person will have their own room. Staff accommodation is provided free of charge for the duration of your contract, a fully refundable €300 security deposit must be paid (either in full or weekly installments). Meals are not provided.
Can people come to stay with me while I am in France?
Friends or family are not permitted to stay with you in your own accommodation on site. If either intend visiting, you must first check with your Managers, and at their discretion – if guests are allowed to visit – they must book their own accommodation.
Do I have to wear uniform?
Yes, which we will provide. The uniform is only to be worn at specified times e.g. reception hours, as customers need to identify you. We expect couriers to look presentable at all times, and this means that untidy hair, scruffy footwear, bare feet, the unshaven look and visible tattoos are unacceptable.
Apply Online Now
Buzzy Bee Courier Job
Campsite Courier Job
Mature Couples Job