BOOK ONLINE NOW
Before You Set Off
Getting the car ready
We recommend that you get your car serviced two to three weeks prior to departure. Waiting two or three days before departure to service your car may not be a good idea as sometimes repairs can take a few days. We ask that you pay particular attention to your tyres, radiator hoses, fan-belt and batteries – as travelling long distances in a fully-packed car, in hot temperatures can put extra pressure on your vehicle.
Headlights must be adjusted for driving on the right-hand side of the road. You can purchase beam deflectors in most garages and car accessories shops.
It is now compulsory to carry a spare set of car light bulbs (front, rear and indicator bulbs).
We advise that you inform your insurance company that you are travelling abroad so that they can extend your cover to the country you are visiting. If you are travelling to Spain they must issue you with a Bail Bond.It’s advised to carry a first aid kit in your car. You will probably have most of the necessary elements already, but your local pharmacist will advise if you’re in doubt.
It’s an excellent idea to have your local garage make up a kit of basic spare parts for your car. They will usually do this on a sale or return basis, giving you credit for what you haven’t used when you return from your holiday.
Prepare your journey!
- Plan out your route a few days in advance
- The named driver must have a credit card in his/her name and the reservation must be made in their name.
- The minimum age of driver is 21yrs but may vary from country to country.
- Drivers must produce a valid Irish/UK licence, held for a least 1 year for France and 2 for Spain.
Remember it’s not a race!
- When you get off the ferry or have picked up your hire car.
- There is no need to set off like a speeding bullet.
- Arrival time to the campsite is 4.00pm
- Have fun games for the kids to enjoy in the car.
- Make sure you have plenty of water & snacks to keep them satisfied.
Arrival time to the campsite is 4.00pm
- Your accommodation will not be available before this time
- Stop off & have a relaxing lunch on the way.
- If you do arrive early make sure you have a separate bag packed with all the swimsuits and towels, as you will have access to the swimming pools.
- Check with main reception regarding access to the swimming pool.
Campsite Rules & Regulations
- Remember the majority of campsites have strict rules regarding swimwear.
- Only conventional swimwear is permitted in and around swimming pools i.e. speedo or boxer swim wear
- T-shirts and shorts are not permitted
- Swimming caps may be required in some sites.
- If you arrive after 8.00pm your courier will leave a note stating where they can be found
- Should you arrive after 10.00pm be prepared to leave your vehicle in the campsite car park(at your own risk) and enter the resort by foot.