Mature Couples Jobs
Are you are free from April/May to September, active, fit, and enjoy an outdoor life?
Are you looking for something different to the normal Monday – Friday 9 till 5 job?
Are you looking for a different way of life for a couple of months of the year?
Are you willing to travel abroad for a number of months and work for a 100% Irish owned & operated company who are now entering their 39th year providing top quality family holidays to France & Spain?
Have you attention to detail and willing to clean & prepare accommodation to extremely high standards?
If you have answered YES to the above,then you will enjoy the challenge and variety of experiences that comes from working as a Mature Courier!
*Please click on our ‘Day in the life’ tab on the right & see what some of our 2018 mature couples couriers had to say about their experiences.*
The majority of our ‘Mature Couple’ campsites are based on a 25 hour contract per person however there are a limited number of campsites where we have 35 hour contracts per person (please state your preference in your application).
Whats in it for me?
Other than the obvious factors that go with living in either France or Spain for a few months, the fabulous areas, towns, culture, food, beaches, lifestyle. We offer a number of competitive benefits to our staff, including paid travel to and from France or Spain for you, your spouse and your vehicle. Free accommodation for the duration of your contract, this will be a mobile home fully equipped with full inventory, linen, gas, electricity, water and air conditioning* (*Southern French sites and Spanish sites only, also a fully refundable €300 accommodation deposit is require per couple). Weekly wage which differs depending on your contract, wages for 2018 were as follows : €250 gross (minus tax and PRSI deductions) per person on a 25 hour contract & €350 gross (minus tax and PRSI deductions) per person on a 35 hour contract.
What does this job actually involve?
- Being a Campotel Courier can be fun with a sociable lifestyle but it does involve a demanding work load, a high level of flexibility, very strong attention to detail, a large volume of thoroughly cleaning mobile home accommodation that involves making beds and cleaning inventory to an extremely high standard as well as common sense and strong organisational skills. You & your spouse will be responsible for the running and operating of the KelAir Campotel on your assigned campsite and will have regular communication, supervision and guidance from the KelAir overseas and Irish management.
- You travel in comfort by ferry to France and drive in your own car to a designated Campsite where, on arrival, you will start ‘montage’ of your Mobile Homes. This involves setting up Guest Accommodation for the start of the season, which includes the initial deep thorough cleaning and preparation of the Holiday Homes after winter storage, together with your KelAir Reception area. Just to give you a sense of our standards, a deep clean of a mobile home at the start of the season (montage) will take two people at least 4 hours.At the Season’s end in September there is ‘demontage’, which is the preparation of mobile-homes and equipment for winter storage, after the final guests have departed.
- During the season, you will prepare and thoroughly clean the mobile-homes including all kitchen inventory, surfaces & counters, toilets, showers, sinks, under beds and seating, cleaning windows, decking and garden furniture, and put fresh linen onto the beds, this is all done after each client departs a mobile home. KelAir Campotel has extremely high standards of cleanliness and every mobile-home should make the family feel that they are the first guests to stay in it. This is what distinguishes us from our competitors!
- You will personally greet arriving customers, help them to settle in, give advice and information and explain the full range of KelAir Campotel Services and the Campsite Facilities.As the KelAir Campotel representatives on site, your primary concern is cleaning & preparing the accommodation to exceptionally high standards as well as exceptional customer care. You should deal efficiently and effectively with any problems or emergencies, make regular contact with our clients during their stay, check gas supplies and change gas, ensuring our guests have an enjoyable, trouble free holiday.
- Finally you will ‘check out’ and bid farewell to our departing guests. You are also required to maintain and operate the KelAir Campotel Reception Area, which must be a well-presented, attractive focal point. You will be supplied with the appropriate uniform.
- Your Area Manager will always be on hand to guide and help you in any way and to assist with the standard paperwork and documentation, which must be completed on a regular basis.
A Campsite Courier needs to;
- Have a very keen eye and exceptional attention to details
- Be willing to use a common sense approach to all their activities
- Have basic common sense
- Be a people’s person
- Have a strong work ethic and high level of self motivation
- Be able to work both in a team and on their own initiative
- Be able to take feedback and deal with constructive criticism
- Enjoy working with people and the public which can be very challenging
- Be fully flexible, cooperative at all times
- Ability to do light maintenance